Hands carry germs, so this is why you should wash your hands
We all know that hands carry all sorts of germs. We are in the middle of a global pandemic so it’s imperative to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water to avoid transmitting disease.
We need to look after our loved ones, so remind everyone to wash their hands. If clean running water and soap are not available it’s suggested to use a hand sanitizer that consist of 60% alcohol.
Make it a daily reminder to:
- Avoid shaking hands
- Adhering to the social distancing rules in place
- Avoid touching your face
- Wipe surfaces with alcohol wipes
- Wear gloves where possible and dispose of appropriately
- Wear a face mask where possible to avoid the spread of germs
- Make it fun for kids to wash their hands
Handwashing is easy and effective so here’s how to do it:
1) Wet your hands with clean running water
2) Lather your hands in soap and rub your hands together
3) Scrub your hands thoroughly, ensuring you get to all the creases and under your nails, scrub for at least 20 seconds. Make it fun and sing a nursery rhythm with your kids for 20 seconds!
4) Rinse off all the soap
5) Dry your hands thoroughly
Repeat where necessary and encourage others to follow the guidelines to help stop the spread of germs and viruses.
Did you know there’s a “Global Hand Washing Day”
Well now you do, so save the date 15 th October. This day is a celebrated annually and promotes handwashing to prevent the spread of germs and diseases.
What are you doing to help promote washing hands?